Andre Pettipas and The Giants have gained a reputation as an incredibly tight live act, and as a band that routinely crank out the kind of eminently hooky, sing-a-long anthems that stick in your head and just won’t let go. A reputation that not only got producer, Brian Moncarz’s (Alice Cooper, Our Lady Peace) attention but drew a variety of musical heavyweights as guests on their sophomore album, ‘No Fools No Fun.’
With their ‘take no prisoners’ live performances, stellar musicianship and a habit of finding grist for the songwriting mill from southern rock to pop and prog, Andre Pettipas and The Giants are a rarity — an act who absolutely refuse to let anything take the fun out of their creative process and performances on record or the stage, and with no fear of stepping outside the box to get their message across.
Most recently, ‘No Fools No Fun’ was nominated for Rock Recording of the year at the upcoming ECMA festivities. The band will be releasing a double live album this spring recorded at the Legendary El Mocambo during back to back shows last September.
Recent Accomplishment Highlights:
- “Sympathy Card” released October 13th, 2020 hit #1 on nationally syndicated radio show, “East Coast Countdown”
- “Sympathy Card” hit #27 on Billboard Active Rock Chart in December 2020
- “Homesick” featuring Christopher Thorn of Blind Melon had a beer collaboration with Firkinstein Brewing
- In July 2021 the band signed with El Mocambo Records
- “Overtime” was featured in montage on Game 4 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals on CBC and Sportsnet
- “Homesick” hits number one on East Coast Countdown, October, 2021